Saturday, November 6, 2010

Back from the Dead!

Okay, so...I've been bulldozed by school the last couple months.
Literally, figuratively, and theoretically bulldozed, mind you, so nothing at all has gotten done over this last period of time...at least not in the world of cosplay.

Currently, I've been involved in our playhouse's production of Macbeth. Its going fabulously, but because I've been working as an impromptu costumer's assistant as well as working as a stagehand, I've been veeery busy. Even my schoolwork's been put on hold in order to make and now maintain our cast's costumes.
However, with MacDaddy now moving on from opening night and onto its two weekend run, I'm able to relax a bit more and concentrate on other things too!

So now that you know what's usurped my attention and my hands, time to get onto the good stuff!
In the cosplay universe, while nothing has been done, a few things have been decided. Because I'm being kidnapped to Ikkicon in January, its been determined I need to step up my game and have a costume ready. My kidnapper and her confriends are mostly Naruto cosplayers...so that means in order to blend in with the enemy, I have to take on the guise of a nin....and Shikamaru has been selected for me.

Now, everyone, what you've been waiting for!
Pictures of shiny things!


Have your brains been rotted out by the sheer awesomeness of this Giant. Shiny. Ball?
Yeah. Mine too.

Back to business. This, is Shikamaru Nara.
More specifically, this is Shippuden Shikamaru Nara...and this is who the infamous jackalope--coughhackyeahiknowinfamousmyasscough--is being convinced to cosplay as. While I am not ecstatic about having a pineapple 'pon the back of my skull....I do agree with the Nara's laid-back attitude and use of the word "Troublesome." Humans are troublesome. >P

Anyways~ The costume itself isn't going to be too much work for me. The fishnet shirt I can purchase...or in order to match the leg "warmers", I can make. My family owns a surger--which makes the seams you find in shirts--so it wouldn't be too difficult to manage the mesh material.

The black pants and shirt would also be easy to make...even if pants are the bane of my existence, and depending on my time constraints during this years production of Christmas Carol--we do it every year and I work on it every year--I'll either make or purchase the vest.
Of course, the wig and headband I'll have to order, and I'm not sure about the shoes just yet. If I can find a nice pair online that'll work.

Unfortunately, the need/violent forcing to do Shikamaru means that I won't be doing Colonello this time. He's been slowly pushed to the sidelines for a while...and I can only hope I'll have time to make him before A-kon. I have a busy schedule next semester though, and since I set my sights on him, there have been cosplays to come up that I feel are more in tune with my personality...and therefore are higher on my to-do list.
Gokudera Hayate, however, has not been removed from his place on my list, and I'll try to work on him after Ikkicon. What I'm really hoping I have time to work on, though, is the Undertaker from Black Butler.

I...have...recently fallen in love with this series, and the Undertaker is without a doubt one of my favorites. I would love to take him on as a challenge, and while I'm not currently sure if that's going to happen, it very well might if I can find the time and gain the assistance from my costume/clothing magician of a grandparent. xD I'm still "in-training" as a costumer, yo! ;P

I am definitely looking forward to making my attempt at him. Hes a marvelously psychotic character, which as far as I'm concerned is the best kind! And he's an /undertaker/. I mean c'mon. What's more fun than giggling madly and tapping out tunes on the skulls of corpses? Psh. Nothing, that's what. ;P~!
And I'd have a marvelous excuse to terrorize my beloved kidnapper<333




Look out for some work on both these get-ups very soon! I have to get my ass in gear very quickly if I'm going to have time to work on them and my school before January rolls around!

No comments:

Post a Comment