Wednesday, November 10, 2010

StalkMode: Undertaker

Okay. So I've fallen in absolute love with the undertaker from Black Butler. Yup, the psychotic, corpsetastic, laugh-obsessed loon that spends his days digging through human chests. He's my kinda guy. ;D

Anyways, even though I've promised my kidnapper that I will do a Shikamaru, I am deadset on starting, completing, and wearing the undertaker's get-up to Ikkicon. I dare anyone to try and stop me, that's how determined I am. So here's the Stalkmode! Get ready for some drool-worthy psycopath, ladies and gents!

Alright. The basic dealeo for the Undertaker is very simple. He wears primarily black, with a gray lining to his underjacket, and a gray sash over one shoulder. Most notable features include his charming grin, long silver hair, impressively black fingernails, and a rather wobbly top-hat.

Also notable are the scars around his various parts--the ones most obvious are; the loop around his left pinky finger, a circle around his throat hidden beneath his collar, and one that seems to go from the top of his left temple over his nose, beneath his right eye, and to his right ear. Those of course will have to be done with make-up. ;3 Which...shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Aside from body marring and a wig which will require some styling, everything else appears to be quite capable of being run through a machine. This image, which is probably the best image ever, breaks almost everything down nice and clear.


Okay. So the bottom layer on the undertaker is a high-collared, fitted sleeve, knee length coat. It has eleven buttons running down the front from just below the collar to just below the pantline. The sleeves are split to just below the elbow and have seven buttons on each side. Numbers are, of course, not too huge a deal. Lord knows the number probably changes incessantly throughout the anime and manga...but I like numbers. They give me security blankets, yo! D8

Aaanyways. From this image you almost get the impression that he's wearing another shirt beneath the lower level...but I think for simplicity's sake...as well as comfort's sake, I'm going to do a falsie. It'll be lined in dark grey, and if necessary, I'll add an extra layer on the sleeve and collar to make it look like there's another shirt there. Its just waaaaaaaay too many layers to add another shirt. And I like being comfortable and not burning my flesh off. ;D

So on top of this "shirt"..."jacket"..."thing", is what I'm going to refer to as the overcoat. It isn't an actual overcoat, obviously...but now it is. Accept my logic. ;P
The topcoat/overcoat will require the most material without a doubt. It goes aaaaall the way to just above the ankles, and has very large sleeves. A flexible but strong material will be the best choice, something that allows for various flailing but is sturdy enough to keep its shape. The topcoat has a very unique collar, and from what I can guess by looking at it, I would think it works similar to the triangular shape of some biker jackets. With a little help from my pattern-wiz of a grand-parental, I think I should be able to mimic that pretty close while keeping that nice "loop" in the back.
Hehheee. It makes me think of a rounded sailor collar.

Aside from the two jackets, there is also the gray sash. For that, I'll probably hem a long piece of fairly nice fabric, rig the knot and then either tack or safety-pin it into that position so it can be easily removed and put on without having to tie it. It looks like a fairly loose knot, and I like that concept...so I don't wanna MEGA KNOT it....if I don't have to. P: Although I might depending on how lazy I am when it comes down too it~ I am a bum.
Then there's the boots, which won't be much trouble. They basically are a pair of high-heeled, basic black boots with short brown or black belts wrapped around them. I'll get some belts, tear them up, get some buckles, and go from there. -fistpump-
The pants seem to either be tight-fitting or maybe black breeches.

Accessories...are a ring on his left hand and a series of small picture frames around his waist. The little frames seem to have designs and names...so I'll try to look in a bit more into it.
Last but not least is his hat, which at first glance looks like a warped tophat, but what I think is more likely a tophat wrapped in fabric...which for some reason is actually a fairly popular thing to do to tophats. oxo; Go figure.
Either way, that'll probably be one of the last things I worry about...namely because I don't believe myself capable of making a hat....
Anyways~ That's the Undertaker! Look out for a new post very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment